Can I play bingo without having a credit or debit card?
Play bingo online with no card details
We hear all the time from people who say they would love to play bingo online but they can't. The usual reason they give is either not having a bank account or a credit or debit card. This does not mean you can't play bingo online!
People assume that in order to open an online bingo account they need card and bank details. This isn't always the case. It is true that, by providing card details, the bingo website can allow a third party check to verify your identity. But did you know that you can also take other steps to have your identity verified? Photo ID, such as a passport or driving licence and a recent utility bill are usually sufficient to verify that you are who you say you are and you are over the age of 18. The one remaining question is "How do I get a copy of my ID to the bingo website?"
- Send a photocopy of the documents by post
- Scan the documents and send them by email
- Take a good quality digital photo of your documents and send by email
Most sites will accept good quality digital photos of the documents and this is a really easy method if you have a smartphone. You can take the photo and email it, all from your one device. We see more and more people actually playing bingo on mobile so it makes sense to start your account in this way.
More ways to pay
So, your account is verified and you want to deposit funds into your account but how can you do this with no card details? There are several ways to pay:
- Paypal - bank account details will be needed for this
- Neteller - this can either be linked to your bank account or you can deposit using other moethods but fees may apply
- paysafecard - simply buy a paysafe card in one of their sales outlets and select the paysafecard option when depositing funds in your bingo account
Deposit in store
With some bingo sites you can actually take advantage of them having shops or clubs where you can deposit and withdraw or pay in and cash out.
- Mecca Bingo - Pay in and Cash Out in club
- Betfred - deposit and withdraw in a Betfred shop. Withdrawals are same day if up to £250
- Gala Bingo - buy a top-up voucher in club to spend online. For withdrawals, phone ahead for a reference number before arriving in club
- Ladbrokes Bingo - just walk in to your local Ladbrokes shop, remembering your customer ID, photo ID. If withdrawing, make sure you transfer funds to your main account
- William Hill - use their cashdirect system. Simply walk into a William Hill shop and purchase a Cashdirect voucher
What are the advantages of not using card details?
Using one of the above payment methods can help to curb your spending. If you feel you need to set yourself limits on how much you spend, this can also be done in your account settings, even if you do set up the account with card details.
Any deposits and withdrawals made using the above methods won't appear on your bank statement. There could be lots of reasons you don't want these to appear on your statement but we would encourage you to seek advice if you think your bingo playing maybe isn't just for fun any more.
Best of all, you get to keep your winnings to yourself, after all it's you playing!